Rewarding workers and developing a strong employee base could help companies increase performance.
Flexible work schedules, a compressed workweek and the ability to telecommute are the three most sought-after non-monetary perquisites for employees. And while many companies offer flexible work schedules, fewer than one in five offer shorter workweeks or remote work options.
The results are drawn from Robert Half’s new survey, and includes responses from more than 1,500 workers and more than 600 HR managers in North America.
The top six perks that employees want:
- Flexible work schedules – 88%
- Compressed workweek – 66%
- Telecommuting – 55%
- On-site amenities (for example, gym, childcare) – 38%
- Paid time-off for volunteer activities – 31%
- Employee social events – 21%